What we believe "Go therefore, and make Disciples"
"Go therefore and make disciples"
“Go therefore, and make Disciples”
“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- It all starts with Jesus
- All authority in heaven and earth
- Creation Col. 1.16
- Judgment Day II Tim. 4.1
- His command as necessary as baptism, or the “Thou shalls”
- Part of our purpose is evangelism and Jesus told us how.
- “Make disciples of all the nations”
- Teaching all men about Jesus (starting where they are)
- Not to stop with those most like us Acts 1.8
- “Baptizing them”
- “Teaching them to observe all things”
- The motivation
- “Save a soul from death” James 5.20
- Compassion and fear for their souls Jude 1. 22-23
- Obedience to the Lord Mark 16.5
- Church Growth
- How do I begin
- Natural conversation that leads to God or our church
- Invite to church worship, function, or special day.
- Direct approach “Are you saved?”
- Sharing things like:
- “I had an answer to prayer this week.”
- “I’ll pray about that”
- “I read something like that this week in James …
- Pray and ask for God’s leading
Lord lay some soul upon my heart,
And love that soul through me:
And may I nobly do my part,
to win that soul for Thee.